Friday, August 26, 2011

One set of footprints

So much has been going on in my life, that I haven't been online to update. Our Noonie (grandma) went into the hospital a few weeks ago with shortness of breath, and they found she had mitro valve prolapse. Surgery was scheduled, but due to her blood pressure and breathing being so bad they had to do the surgery earlier than planned. Everything that could of went wrong did go wrong. The surgery was supposed to last 4 hours, it ended up lasting 10 hours. The complications were so bad, they didn't think she was going to make it. The Lord had other plans (: Little by little she improved. She went from having as many as 6 machines hooked up to her and life support, to nothing but oxygen and some medications she is now taking on her own. She was on dialysis because her kidney functions were so bad, now they took her off of it completely!! The nurses are beside themselves. They just cannot believe how much she has improved. They told us, they honestly didn't think she was going to make it. I knew she would. I believed in my heart that God would lift her up and carry her through, and he did! I am just so grateful to God that she is with us today. She's leaving ICU on Monday or Tuesday to go to a rehabilitation center. From not walking for so long, her legs are very weak. They said with the rate she has improved already, that she may only need two weeks of rehab. It's just amazing to see her sitting in the chair talking and smiling and just being herself. I can't even begin to describe how fortunate I feel. I've witnessed the power of God in front of my eyes, and it just feels so overwhelming and amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment